The Pärnu Beach Stadium with its football field, and conditions suitable for track and field, and a grandstand building has been in its present location since 14 July 1929. During most of the Soviet period, the stadium was called Pärnu Kalev Stadium. After a major renovation in the 1980s, the stadium became a favorite summer training center for many elite sportsmen of the Soviet Union and the ESSR. The stadium that was neglected at the beginning of the 2000s due to property disputes became essentially unusable. In 2014, the city of Pärnu reinstated its ownership over the stadium; an architectural competition was immediately held for the new stadium, the cornerstone was laid down in June 2015, and the Pärnu Beach Stadium was reopened on 9 July 2016.
The Pärnu Beach Stadium is managed by the Pärnu Sports School, and its therefore primarily at the disposal of young athletes of Pärnu, but at the same time it is open to everyone interested – after all, it is still an internationally recognized training center.